load-balanced PPP?

Post by Matt McLe » Mon, 02 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Does FreeBSD support load-balanced PPP?  I'm
planning to set up a dual-33k6 connection between
two sites, and i'd rather do it with FreeBSD
if I've got the option...

(Info on load-balanced PPP in general seems a
little scarce)

--
Matt McLeod

http://attila.apana.org.au/~mjm

load-balanced PPP?

:
: (Info on load-balanced PPP in general seems a
: little scarce)

Do you mean multilink ppp ?  For the moment, the best
(and only) option is ``mpd'' from the ports.

--

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>

1. NAT & load balanced ppp

Hi,

Was just wondering if it is possible to use NAT to load balance muultiple
ppp connections...

I know that it can be done the other way round, 1 inet connection to
multiple load balanced WWW servers, shawly the only difference would be that
under the "virtual" NAT address, it would have ppp IP numbers not eth0 or
other IP numbers?

Would appreciate ANY in put on this...

If the current code doesn't allow for it...  how hard would it be to code?

Thanks for your time everybody..

Ashley

2. extremely low file transfer speeds

3. balance 2.33 - a simple tcp proxy with load balancing and failover

4. Can I downgrade 64-bit kernel to 32-bit kernel

5. PPP load balancing works for incoming but not outgoing???

6. Encryption over Network

7. balancing load on a PPP connection

8. syslogd and portmap

9. diald - best way for dial on demand PPP, load balancing?

10. How to do you do load balancing with multiple PPP lines?

11. eql (load balancing) - /etc/ppp/ip-up HELP Please!

12. How to config the load-balancing on ppp ?

13. load balancing - /etc/ppp/ip-up Help Please!