Upgrade from 2.1-Stable to 2.2-Stable

Post by Lai L » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Can I CVSup from 2.1-Stable to 2.2-Stable?
Or is it better to install 2.2-Stable from scratch?

Computational Science Department  |  WWW: http://www.cz3.nus.sg/~lailf
National University of Singapore  |       http://s130016.pc.nus.sg

Post by Jordan K. Hubbar » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> Can I CVSup from 2.1-Stable to 2.2-Stable?

This is one way which largely works, yes.

Quote:> Or is it better to install 2.2-Stable from scratch?

If you don't want any "old stuff" lying around afterwards and figure
that your filesystems could do with a good defragging anyway then yes,
that is the most recommended method.  A method somewhat in the middle of
these two alternatives is also to do a:

pkg_add ftp://hub.freebsd.org/pub/jkh/225upgrade.tgz

And do a binary in-place upgrade of your system.

--
- Jordan Hubbard
  FreeBSD core team / Walnut Creek CDROM.

1. Upgrade from 3.4-STABLE to 4.x-STABLE

Can someone help me upgrade from 3.4-STABLE to 4.x-STABLE?  I tried
getting the sources for RELENG_4, but then when I tried make
buildworld I got all sorts of compilation errors.

Then I saw a note that said I had to go to 4.1 first.  So I set
RELENG_4_1, but for that target I get no sources at all! (my /usr/src
is now empty)

I don't need help on how to build, I plan on following the UPDATING
instructions, but I am confused about what set of targets I should aim
for and in what order.  Can someone help me?  Thanks!

2. X Windows

3. Cant find errno.h while upgrading 3.1-stable (to 3.1-stable)

4. Hang on using /dev/kmem

5. 3-Stable -> 4-Stable upgrade using cvsup possible?

6. QT3 on SunOS 2.5.1

7. How do you upgrade to 2.2-stable

8. Using a "buffering" pipe

9. 2.2.1->2.2.stable upgrade problem

10. 3.2-STABLE to 3.4-STABLE device name change

11. 4.0-20000430-STABLE vs. 4.0-STABLE

12. 2.2.8 Stable to 3.0 Stable Migration Question

13. FreeBSD 3.5-STABLE to 4.3-STABLE