KDE installation

Post by Mike Widne » Mon, 13 Sep 1999 04:00:00

From what I've seen, the only way to install KDE on FreeBSD is through
the ports collection. I don't enough hd space for KDE and the ports, is
there another way I could go about this? I assume I can just download
all the correct tarballs and then just make it all; if so, what packages
do I need to dl? Thanks...

mike

--
"Do not delay me, for I love the sea ways."
   -The Odyssey

KDE installation

Post by Chris Costell » Mon, 13 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> From what I've seen, the only way to install KDE on FreeBSD is through
> the ports collection. I don't enough hd space for KDE and the ports, is
> there another way I could go about this? I assume I can just download
> all the correct tarballs and then just make it all; if so, what packages
> do I need to dl? Thanks...

   Run /stand/sysinstall.

   From there, go to "Configure".

   From there, go to "Packages".

   You'll find your way from there.

Quote:> mike
> --
> "Do not delay me, for I love the sea ways."
>    -The Odyssey

1. Kde installation Problem

Hi all:

I start to use FreeBSD 2.2.5 for a month la, and want to install KDE.
However, I meet quite a lot of problem, can any one HELP me
I have downloaded some file from Internet, here are
    kdesupport
    kdelibs
    kdebase

    kdegames
    kdeutils
    kdegraphics
    kdemultimedia
    kdenetwork
    kdeadmin
[they are all  *.lsm and  *.tar]

After extract them with   tar xvzf   command, I have got so many file
extracted.
Can I use     make install    to port it ? how ?
I still need to connect to internet during installation ?

2. MTRR problem in 2.4.7+ on Athlon+VIA? XFree86 can't write-combine

3. KDE installation problem

4. cannot shutdown and reboot

5. Weird KDE installation problem: user works, root doesn't

6. cannot make pl1 - wrong stdlib.h?

7. Yet another KDE installation embarrassment.

8. Linux configuration notes

9. KDE installation problem

10. Kppp missing after KDE installation

11. kde installation script