help installing bsd 3.0

Post by bec.. » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

eveything goes fine until the very end it ask's me if want to go to
the options screen one last time, (I say no but it still does) then I
have to exit installation manually(does it happen like that?)
then when it boots it just keeps booting at (it gives the boot:
prompt) I type commands but nothing happens) any suggestion?

help installing bsd 3.0

Post by omer » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

You need to complete options screen and then only the kernel is copied
into your / . Hard luck ? huh!.. Try again :-)

> eveything goes fine until the very end it ask's me if want to go to
> the options screen one last time, (I say no but it still does) then I
> have to exit installation manually(does it happen like that?)
> then when it boots it just keeps booting at (it gives the boot:
> prompt) I type commands but nothing happens) any suggestion?

1. BSD, BSD or BSD?

I'm just trying to broaden my horizons.  What is the deal with BSD?  I have
yet another computer I want to put something different on...I have XP on
this one, and RH 7.3 on my other and the third I was thinking of looking at
FreeBSD or NetBSD (or OpenBSD)?  Any reason I should stay away from the
BSD's?  If not, which one for desktop/net use?  Obliviously I'm a noob.
Thanks guys for any input...I've read the web pages, but couldn't understand
the differences with Linux.  I do want a GUI with whatever I install.

--
john o
rh 7.3

2. making mp3 of a cd and reading track information from cddb

3. ROUTING

4. utils-linux

5. kernel compiling woes

6. Cross-compiling for BSD/OS 3.0

7. Mac using BSD and Mach 3.0

8. OpenBSD 3.0: Kernel on other partition/localtion than default hd0a:/bsd

9. : Possible problem with BSD ptys on OSF/1 3.0

10. Need help w/ BSD install ! :(