Simple jail management program now available

Simple jail management program now available

Post by Kirk Strause » Thu, 16 May 2002 13:04:17

I wrote a simple Perl script to manage FreeBSD jail environments, including:

  - Starting

  - Stopping

  - Getting a ps(1)-like process listing

The script is available from http://www.honeypot.net/~kirk/projects/jailmanage.html
for those interested.

Share and enjoy!
--
Kirk Strauser

Simple jail management program now available

Post by Kirk Strause » Fri, 17 May 2002 07:11:15

After a vague dissatisfaction and a few suggestions, I completely
re-designed the jailadmin system, moved the configuration into a separate
file, and added some (very) basic documentation.

Its webpage is still at http://www.honeypot.net/~kirk/projects/jailmanage.html
for those interested.
--
Kirk Strauser

Simple jail management program now available

Post by Kirk Strause » Mon, 20 May 2002 13:37:51

I really don't mean to turn this message board into Freshmeat (or
Freshports, for that matter), but I've put a new version of my jail
managementp package online.  The major change from the previous version is
the addition of an extension to the UCD-SNMP package to allow for remote
monitoring of jail environments with standard network tools.  As an example,
I'm using Cricket to graph the number of processes running within each jail.

Not much information is currently readable, but the framework is in place to
easily add future functionality - expect more to come.

The script is available from http://www.honeypot.net/~kirk/projects/jailmanage.html
for those interested.
--
Kirk Strauser

1. efax (simple fax program) v 0.3 available

Do you have a version support class 1 FAX modem?

My QuickComm Spirit II 14400 is a class 1 FAx modem, unfortuetly.
|  Eric Lin                       (Home):   (204) 783-2884             |
|    Computer Engineering      FAX Modem:   (204) 783-2884             |

2. character-at-a-time input

3. RAM detection

4. (Was Re: Jail creation failure) Are Zones Easier than Jails?

5. NIS...

6. Simple way to do simple remote program run?

7. Sycronize or mount Webfolders served be Frontpage Server

8. REALLY SIMPLE: how to get PID of C program within the program

9. Looking for X programming help - simple program to list all open windows on a server

10. Any source available for memory management?