how to force kernel (install CD) to find IDE/ATAPI/sec/master CDROM

how to force kernel (install CD) to find IDE/ATAPI/sec/master CDROM

Post by Phil Howa » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

The kernel doesn't find the IDE/ATAPI/sec/master CDROM.
Is there a way to force this in the kernel that comes
on the installation CDROM?

Yes, the hardware is working fine.

--
Phil Howard           KA9WGN

1. IDE ATAPI cdrom sec/master or sec/slave

I use a toshiba IDE ATAPI(i think) cdrom. I think that some time
ago I installed Linux and the same thing (exept now i have a third HDD)
worked fine.
I compiled the kernel with all neccesary options (iso9660, ATAPI (no
modules).
When I use mount /dev/hdd /mnt -t iso9660 (hdd, hda, cdrom), I get the
message: not remembered as block device.

Please help!

Thanks!

2. Quote Server

3. Atapi cdrom problem: wrong speed found by ide-cdrom

4. UNIX QUESTION :-)

5. ATAPI CDROM/CDRW and ide-cd: kernel command line or lilo stanza?

6. Redirect a printing to a NT PC

7. ide-cd driver and ATAPI-IDE CDROM

8. Tru64 cluster features

9. IDE/ATAPI CD found in 2.5, not found in 2.6

10. ide cdrom and cdrom writer with scsi harddisk using cdrecord can't find cd reader

11. New IDE-CD/extended IDE driver supports Sony 55E ATAPI CD-ROM!

12. Linux won't find ATAPI cdrom on 2nd IDE controller...help!

13. Can't mount IDE/ATAPI CDROM (can't find filesystem)