LKM: Linux Emulator Q

Post by Thomas Gunnar Spar » Fri, 31 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I've been playing with the LKM's and I just installed the linux emulator..
however I still get the "wrong architechture" message..
although, its probably because I'm trying to use the linux MPEG decoders...

LKM: Linux Emulator Q

Post by M. Campbell or Lee Cremean » Sat, 01 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I've been playing with the LKM's and I just installed the linux emulator..
>however I still get the "wrong architechture" message..
>although, its probably because I'm trying to use the linux MPEG decoders...

Sounds like you're trying to run an ELF binary on 2.1.x.  ELF won't
work until 2.2, AFAIK.

Lee C.

LKM: Linux Emulator Q

Post by David Malo » Sat, 01 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I've been playing with the LKM's and I just installed the linux emulator..
>however I still get the "wrong architechture" message..
>although, its probably because I'm trying to use the linux MPEG decoders...

What version of FreeBSD are you running ? If you want to run
ELF stuff I think you need to run 2.2 or higher. 2.1.X will run
a.out binaries.

        David.

1. Looking for home based Linux LKM and socket based application project

My cousin is in School now, he instgalled RH based Linux PC, would like
to do some Linux Project, with simple loadable kernel module and some
application should access that module using socket, this way the kernel
module loading and debugging, as well as socket application program can
be written, can somebody suggest us how to do this. Basically wants to
learn Linux Kernel programming. Also is there any Pseudo driver
availble in Linux (Or Loop around driver which is available in STREAMS
Programming).

In socket prog, will it be only one socket for both sides communication
or do I need two sockets (for example in standard FTP, will it use only
one socket for Tx abd Rx, Or is it two different sockets). Thanks.

2. Error when trying to start apache2

3. running LKM on Familiar LInux iPAQ

4. Network problems

5. Running LKM on Familiar Linux iPAQ

6. Samba: session request to $HOSTNAME failed

7. linux lkm errors

8. mgetty problems in RH4.2

9. Help! Emulated emulator emulator .signature of long ago...

10. Qs re launching new Linux game.

11. Qs about Linux setup on Compaq 486 notebook

12. More Win95 --> Linux Newbie Qs

13. Beginner Linux help -- X and kernel Qs