problem upgrading to 4.7-STABLE

Post by Ralph Huntingto » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 22:37:05

Upgrading from 4.7-RELEASE-p3 to 4.7-STABLE (two different machines
simultaneously, same thing happened). I completed:

buildworld
buildkernel
installkernel
mergemaster -p

and then installworld fails with

===> sys/boot/i386/boot2
install -o root -g wheel -m 444  boot1 /boot/boot1
install -o root -g wheel -m 444  boot2 /boot/boot2
install: boot2: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/boot2.
*** Error code 1

This sort of thing has never happened to me before, much less on two
machines simultaneously. Am I doing something wrong? Has the procedure
changed?

Thanks for any insight into this

Ralph

Post by Peter W » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 00:06:09

> Upgrading from 4.7-RELEASE-p3 to 4.7-STABLE (two different machines
> simultaneously, same thing happened). I completed:

> buildworld
> buildkernel

reboot

Quote:> installkernel
> mergemaster -p

> and then installworld fails with
> [...]

> This sort of thing has never happened to me before, much less on two
> machines simultaneously. Am I doing something wrong? Has the procedure
> changed?

less /usr/src/Makefile

--
Peter Wu