Sun SPARCS

Post by Timothy J. L » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

|Is it possible to install FREEBSD on a sun sparc station 2?

http://www.freebsd.org/availability.html does not list such a
computer as being eligible.

You may want to consider OpenBSD and NetBSD.

Sun SPARCS

Post by Alan McLe » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> Is it possible to install FREEBSD on a sun sparc station 2?

no.  have a look at http://NetBSD.org/

-amcl

1. What NICs work on Sun Sparc systems other than those from Sun?

I need to find who makes pci bus NICs that will work in Sun Sparc systems
(Ultra 5, Ultra 10, E250, etc). I'm running Solaris 2.6, 2.7 & 2.8 (drivers
for 2.6 and/or 2.7 would suffice).

I'm trying to find less expensive cards for these systems - Sun charges
upwards of $500 for a NIC! Please help!!!

Thank you,
John

2. Windows 2000 confused by Linux partitions

3. Sun Sparc Ultra 10 and Sony / Sun GDM-20D10

4. Suse 6.2 + CD burning, please help !

5. Sun Sparc or Sun x86 (AMD)

6. News oddity

7. Sun Sparc Stations FORSALE Selling Solid Great Must SELL Best deal in town! check here!!!!Sun Sparc Stations

8. How to start freeBSD from DOS

9. linux on sun sparc

10. Purchasing a SUN Sparc to learn Solaris

11. CISCO AS2509-RJ as Console Terminal for SUN SPARC Ultra 5 on Solaris 2.7

12. periphonics and sun sparc

13. FS Sun Sparc 4, Te Koop