Cannot find where ftpaccess file SHOULD be...

Cannot find where ftpaccess file SHOULD be...

Post by Simon Chan » Tue, 19 Mar 2002 02:12:38

To all,

Trying to set up wu-ftpd (again, after my disasterous outing last week), but
seem to be having problem determining where the config files are supposed to
be.  ckconfig suggests /usr/local/etc, but documentation said /etc.
Furthermore, I tested both locations by having a customized ftpaccess file
copied into the respective directory (basically containing a customized
message so that I will know which location works), but no effect.

Now, after doing all of the above and ready to become frustrated, I
re-"configured" the build by specifying --with-etc-dir=/etc, but that also
did not do anything.  Is something corrupted, or what???

TIA,

Simon Chang

Cannot find where ftpaccess file SHOULD be...

Post by Bovine Unit #24 » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:23:41

Quote:>Now, after doing all of the above and ready to become frustrated, I
>re-"configured" the build by specifying --with-etc-dir=/etc, but that also
>did not do anything.  Is something corrupted, or what???

Did you -HUP wu-ftpd?

1. ftpaccess cdpath section and structure of the /etc/ftpaccess file itself

I've been working through what now turns out to be a fairly simple issue with wu-ftpd configuration but am running into a bit of confusion when it
comes to setting up my /etc/ftpaccess file.  I found that I was unable to cd above my home directory on my server, which led me to the cdpath setting
in ftpaccess.  My question is this:  is there a way to set a specific cdpath restriction for particular users or classes of users referenced earlier
in the file, or is there only one level of directory access control available through this method?

I suspect that the man page for ftpaccess assumes knowledge of how the file is supposed to be structured to associate classes of users with specific
features, but does not reference that structure/standard/convention.  Am I all wet here, or is there a convention for structuring such config files
out there I could read that would help things fall into place a bit more clearly?

Thanks!

Dan
Dan Hansen
http://www.wildwisconsin.com

2. Argh - Ballmer

3. ftpaccess file ? Cant find it!

4. delete crontab

5. find without the "find: cannot read dir /usr/lost+found: Permission denied"

6. monitoring a UPS from a serial port

7. I am not able to find the file /etc/networks

8. What is format of KWord files?

9. Error congiguring video card --"Cannot find server, cannot continue"

10. Cannot find initialization file gs_init.ps

11. cannot find map file

12. Cannot find conf. file! (Newbie)