AGP and PCI VGA cards

Post by Mark Slin » Fri, 06 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Anyone got any links/resources about running an RIVA 128ZX AGP and Alliance
ATD 3D PCI card at the same time?

Both cards are detected in the PCI device scan.
I have added vga1 to the kernel with the same syntax as vga0.
Only vga0 intialises further into the boot.

I am aware that I can't use both cards as text console, Rather, I am wondering
why vga1 is not found.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark.

AGP and PCI VGA cards

Post by Ean Kingsto » Fri, 06 Aug 1999 04:00:00

A while back, I was looking at setting up multiple monitors on FreeBSD but
XFree86 doesn't support it in the current (3) release.   They are
planning on having some support in release 4 acording to their web site.

If you look at the commercial software available for FreeBSD you will find
one that offers an X server that supports mulitple monitors but only on
some Matrox cards.

As to setting up a vga1 device, that is beyond me.

--

Ean Kingston
Just another faceless name on the Internet.

AGP and PCI VGA cards

Post by Mark Sling » Sat, 07 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Yeah, XFree86 4.0 looks promising. The pre-release 3.9.15 doesn't,
howerver, support my AGP card. The ATD 3D by ProAliance is supported
already though.

Thanks for replying,

Mark.

> A while back, I was looking at setting up multiple monitors on FreeBSD
> but
> XFree86 doesn't support it in the current (3) release.   They are
> planning on having some support in release 4 acording to their web site.

> If you look at the commercial software available for FreeBSD you will
> find
> one that offers an X server that supports mulitple monitors but only on
> some Matrox cards.

> As to setting up a vga1 device, that is beyond me.

>> Anyone got any links/resources about running an RIVA 128ZX AGP and
>> Alliance
>> ATD 3D PCI card at the same time?

>> Both cards are detected in the PCI device scan.
>> I have added vga1 to the kernel with the same syntax as vga0.
>> Only vga0 intialises further into the boot.

>> I am aware that I can't use both cards as text console, Rather, I am
>> wondering
>> why vga1 is not found.

>> Any help would be appreciated.

>> Mark.

> --

> Ean Kingston
> Just another faceless name on the Internet.

Mark Slingo
Far North Networks

http://www.networks.nq.nu/