HELP! Couldn't install FreeBSD

Post by Sergey Markitanen » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 21:47:39

Hello!
I've such problem: i need to install Freebsd 4.2 to computer with 486
& Award BIOS. I made image diskette - *.flp, but it hang during
startup.
        What is the reason of that? and how i can correct the
situation?

        May i put HDD from my 486 to newer computer(P-II), install on
it FREEBSD, then put it again in 486. Would that work?

HELP! Couldn't install FreeBSD

Post by Bill » Sun, 15 Jul 2001 02:18:46

Yes it would work to move the HD to a different box for the install. But
don't do any in-depth kernel configuration until the HD is back in the 486.

Quote:> Hello!
> I've such problem: i need to install Freebsd 4.2 to computer with 486
> & Award BIOS. I made image diskette - *.flp, but it hang during
> startup.
> What is the reason of that? and how i can correct the
> situation?

> May i put HDD from my 486 to newer computer(P-II), install on
> it FREEBSD, then put it again in 486. Would that work?

1. Help: Couldn't install linux 2.1

Hi, I just got the book Linux... which came with the Linux CD 2.1 (I
think) and XWindows.
Hardisk 1: 4 partitions (All are primary partitions):
                1: used OS/2 Fdisk, partition for linux. Prima
                2: Win95
                3: DOS..
                4: OS/2 Boot Mng.
I attemted to install Linux into the first partition, but I
err-msg:  there is no partition designated to Linux native...

Login PW: Root.
then type Setup.
Fdisk /dev/sda1     brought me to Help.
Please help.
Thanks
Merry X'mas
Steven.

2. Trouble Ticket System

3. FTP Install Fails with "Couldn't extract distribution" - Please Help

4. DIP

5. HELP: Installing FreeBSD from DOS partition -- Installer can't find the install files

6. linux router

7. Couldn't spawn child process - Apache webserver problem on FreeBSD system.

8. HELP: With Writing NFS Client

9. getting "Couldn't get a free page" during install

10. Mandrake 9: install from HD: couldn't find 2nd CD?

11. tar problems - tar:couldn't get uname for uid 5200 - problems installing emacs 19.20

12. getting "Couldn't get a free page" during install

13. Couldn't install (RedHat, Debian or Slackware) linux...