Cannot switch between console and X

Post by Fon » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 20:30:07

Hello,

Just upgraded from 3.4-R to 4.7-R.
Everything seems to run nicely so far, except for the following: if I
start X, switch back to the console and then (try to) switch back to X
again, the screen just turns blank. It then takes about a minute before
I'm able to switch back to the VC that X was started from and I see lines
like these:
S3_VRGERESET called from s3v_accel line xxx

I'm using a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro with 2MB.

Any thoughts?

Alphons

--
A. van Werven                    http://www.liacs.nl/~avwerven
Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science, The Netherlands

Post by Christoph Sol » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 04:05:43

> Hello,

> Just upgraded from 3.4-R to 4.7-R.
> Everything seems to run nicely so far, except for the following: if I
> start X, switch back to the console and then (try to) switch back to X
> again, the screen just turns blank. It then takes about a minute before
> I'm able to switch back to the VC that X was started from and I see lines
> like these:
> S3_VRGERESET called from s3v_accel line xxx

> I'm using a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro with 2MB.

> Any thoughts?

Time for new hardware?
--
cs (*) cheasy de