HP Deskjet printer set-up

Post by m102600 » Fri, 15 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I want to print web pages to a HP Deskjet color printer, i have been
to configure /etc/printcap to print text files but as yet NOT color graphics.

Has anyone already done this or does any one have any hints as to how
to configure printers for anything other than plain text.

Thanks is advance Adrian.

HP Deskjet printer set-up

Post by Sean Kell » Sat, 16 Mar 1996 04:00:00

> I want to print web pages to a HP Deskjet color printer, i have been
> to configure /etc/printcap to print text files but as yet NOT color graphics.

Probably the easiest way to go is to use Ghostscript to scan-convert
PostScript files into a format compatible with your HP color printer.
For information on how to do this, see either

        file:/usr/share/doc/handbook/handbook.html
        http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook.html

and click on ``Advanced Printer Setup'' and then on ``Simulating
PostScript on Non-PostScript Printers''.

--
Sean Kelly

Boulder Colorado USA                http://www-sdd.fsl.noaa.gov/~kelly/

1. setting up HP deskjet printer

Hi
I am having problems with HP Deskjet printer (697c)
It gives me the "staircase effect" described in the handbook but when I
tried to use printing filter for HP Laserjets provided in the handbook
(and in the Complete FreeBSD also) it doesn't do anything (that is
printer doesn't print). So I guess escape codes for deskjets are
different but they are not documented in the manual, so I wonder if
somebody could share their filter for HP Deskjet with me...
thanks in advance
-mk

2. ordering from LSL

3. Help with setting up HP Deskjet printer

4. Diskless Linux: booting from Solaris 2.5.1 Server

5. Setting up a HP DeskJet 540 as a local printer

6. Success/Failure with newest nvidia drivers?

7. Printer setup using NetBSD-1.3 and HP 692c Deskjet Printer

8. compiling problems

9. HP Deskjet 722C and New HP Deskjet 882C (PC World 4/99)

10. Is it possible to set-up a USB connected HP printer?

11. HP DeskJet 600C Printer Problems

12. HP Deskjet printer & RH-6.1

13. Linux Printer HP deskjet 3820c