package tcp_wrappers wont work

Post by Ferdinand Goldman » Mon, 20 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I know my postings could are getting annoying.... sorry.

I am running into problems with the tcp_wrappers package.
My /etc/inetd.conf says:

telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/tcpd telnetd

To try it out, I have a /etc/hosts.deny file which says:
ALL: ALL

I restarted inetd with killall -1 inetd. Problem is, when I telnet to the
machine, I still get a login. *sob*

hmmm..

Thx and stuff for any pointers.
/ferdl
--
<< In Real Life:  Goldmann Ferdinand                   --= LinuX rules =-- >>
<< IRC         :  DrAkHaI 8^)                             UP THE IRONS!    >>

<<    ... Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the GateZ    >>
<<    for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six    >>

package tcp_wrappers wont work

Post by Marc Slemk » Mon, 20 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I know my postings could are getting annoying.... sorry.
>I am running into problems with the tcp_wrappers package.
>My /etc/inetd.conf says:
>telnet      stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/tcpd telnetd
>To try it out, I have a /etc/hosts.deny file which says:
>ALL: ALL
>I restarted inetd with killall -1 inetd. Problem is, when I telnet to the
>machine, I still get a login. *sob*

/usr/local/etc/hosts.deny

If you are running an older version, ignore the man page where it says
/etc/hosts.*.  It is in /usr/local/etc/.  I think this is fixed
in current packages.

1. dosemu was working then croaked now wont work at all

I was running the dosemulator and it had a problem and died
now I can't even start it
I copied my old hdimage overtop of the current one
still nothing
it gets the banner up and say's staring dos
just when you think it is going to work
it comes up with bad command or file not found
and kicks me out???
any idea what is wrong there
--
Merritt Secondary School - Computer Support Teacher

2. Error 19

3. patch wont go, needs some package:

4. Jaz partitions and Media Errors

5. tcp_wrapper....doesn't work..:( ??

6. CLONE_PID and -lpthread

7. panic: tcp_wrapper not working!

8. IP Masq + NetMetteting: anything special to do?

9. Tcp_wrappers won't work!

10. wordperfect 8 wont work after reinstallation

11. ESD wont work on Debian potato GNOME/Enlightenment?!

12. Here document wont work in ksh.

13. Why wont my lilo install work?