alloca.h?

Post by charles271.. » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I'm sorry for a dumb question, but... where is alloca.h?

Do I need to install some package for this?  I can't find anything that
looks relevant.  Thanks for any assistance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

alloca.h?

Post by Chris Costell » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I'm sorry for a dumb question, but... where is alloca.h?

   Try ``man 3 alloca''

1. Added alloca() function to alloca.h

As the header says ,I added alloca() function to alloca.h file.
This gives alloca() function for ccc/cxx ,as the GCC has this builtin
feature.

and heres my /usr/include/alloca.h
----------------------------------

#ifndef _ALLOCA_H
#define _ALLOCA_H       1

#include <features.h>

#define __need_size_t
#include <stddef.h>

__BEGIN_DECLS

/* Remove any previous definitions.  */
#undef  alloca

/* Allocate a block that will be freed when the calling function exits.
*/
extern __ptr_t alloca __P ((size_t __size));

#ifdef  __GNUC__
# define alloca(size)   __builtin_alloca (size)
#endif /* GCC.  */

/* define for Compaq compiler */
#ifdef __CCC__
# pragma intrinsic (alloca)
#endif /* CCC ,h0l0gRaM */

__END_DECLS

#endif /* alloca.h */

---------------------

of course ,FSF's GPL text is missing ,don't delete it ;)

Thanks to Takeyasu Wakabayashi from Toyama University for helping with
this.
--
Saturday night in Toledo Ohio,
        Is like being nowhere at all,

2. iptables - repeated error messages

3. xlC++ and alloca

4. bugs fore atm_gethostbyname for solaris 2.5.1

5. Where oh where is alloca

6. shared lib

7. alloca in readline

8. Recommend good script writing book?