Jakarta-Tomcat in FreeBSD 4.2

Post by Lance.H.. » Thu, 31 May 2001 01:08:38

I need some assistance compiling tomcat for FreeBSD. I have followed
almost all of the instructions included in the tomcat README, but I
receive a error message when trying to compile.

Error: can't find libjava.so

I have taken the following steps:

1) downloaded and gunzipped/untarred jdk1.3.0_02, jakarta-ant,
jakarta-servletapi, and jakarta-tomcat.
2)      export $JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.3.0_02
        PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
        export TOMCAT_HOME=/usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat
        export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386/hotspot:$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386/native_threads:$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386
        export JAKARTA_HOME=/usr/local/jakarta

The README explains that you should define the CLASSPATH variable if
necessary, but I do not know if it is necessary or what it should be
declared as.

When I try to run ./build.sh for jakarta-ant, I get the "cant' find
libjava.so" error. Same with tomcat.

1. ANN: Jakarta Tomcat 4 now in www/jakarta-tomcat

Hi all,

After a *long* time and a lot of requests, Jakarta Tomcat 4 is now finally in
the Ports Collection. It has taken the place of Tomcat 3 in
www/jakarta-tomcat.

If you have already installed Tomcat 3, you can upgrade to Tomcat 4
using portupgrade. You should have portupgrade
(/usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade) installed, after which you can execute:

        # portupgrade jakarta-tomcat

If you have not yet installed Tomcat 3, then you can install Tomcat 4 as
follows:

        # cd /usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat
        # make install

For those who prefer Tomcat 3, it is from now on available as the port
www/jakarta-tomcat3. You cannot use portupgrade to upgrade from an old
version of the Tomcat 3 port to a newer version. To do this you should
deinstall your Tomcat 3 port and then install the jakarta-tomcat3 port. For
instance:

        # pkg_info | grep tomcat
        jakarta-tomcat-3.3_2 A 100% Pure Java web server with built-in...
        # pkg_delete jakarta-tomcat-3.3_2
        # cd /usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat3
        # make install

For any additional questions, please send an email to the FreeBSD Java

Kind regards,

Ernst

2. sendmail/postfix conflict please advise

3. Jakarta-Tomcat 4.1.18 + FreeBSD + linux-sun-jdk14 won't start ...

4. cli()/sti() clarification

5. jakarta-tomcat 4.1.18 and freebsd 5.0 problems

6. IMPORTANT: Security problem with ucbmail when used with INN news server

7. Logs in Jakarta-Tomcat ??

8. Redhat Linux, alias IP's and hang on boot

9. Port updated: www/jakarta-tomcat

10. instructions for jakarta-tomcat ssl installation

11. Tired of manually deleting jakarta-tomcat port...

12. jakarta-tomcat logging like access_log file of apache

13. Port www/jakarta-tomcat refactored