Limit ppp connect time

Post by Darr » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Greetings,
I have a FreeBSD 2.2.6 machine setup with userland ppp doing alias and
auto.  Since my internet account with my ISP is fixed at 150 hrs , I
was wondering if there was a way to configure FreeBSD to prevent
monthly connect time from exceeding the 150hrs.  I have the
ppp.conf script set with the timeout, but I'm just paranoid since
there is quite a bite for hours over.

Any ideas

thanks,
Darryl

Limit ppp connect time

Post by Kenneth Furg » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Greetings,
> I have a FreeBSD 2.2.6 machine setup with userland ppp doing alias and
> auto.  Since my internet account with my ISP is fixed at 150 hrs , I
> was wondering if there was a way to configure FreeBSD to prevent
> monthly connect time from exceeding the 150hrs.  I have the
> ppp.conf script set with the timeout, but I'm just paranoid since
> there is quite a bite for hours over.

How about a script that tracks your on-line time?  I've been using a
"home-brew" one for quite a while now and by the end of the month it
differs from my ISP by about 1 hour.  That's primarily because they
always round up to the nearest minute and my script keeps track to the
second.  If you are interested, you can e-mail me directly.

- K.C.

1. Connect time limit ont tty0

How can I limit connection time to 30 minutes on tty0 using AIX 3.2.5 ?  This
will be used to set a maximum connection time to a modem attached to tty0.

I tried using TMOUT variable (in minutes), but I found that the timer is
running only when there is no terminal input.

Please also email

---------------------------------
Alain Veilleux, Analyst
Physics dept., Sherbrooke University

2. ANNOUNCE: TCP/IP Connection cutter - "cutter" 1.00

3. Time Limit on PPP session

4. Tape Drive for uVax (Wanted)

5. Q: ulimit - refuses to limit cpu time, but limits other resources.

6. r-commands

7. Slower ppp connect time with Linux than with Windows95?

8. UltraSPARC & SMP

9. Hard time making NT PPP-connect to AIX 4.2

10. Problems getting connected to ppp first time.

11. Q:making PPP automatically connect at specified times.

12. telnet connect got hanged from time to time

13. PPP can connect but couldn't connect to internet