xcdplayer

Post by Jens Richte » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:51:21

Hello

$ xcdplayer -device /dev/acd0c works fine but I think somewhere should
be a config script for that so xcdplayer can start automatically from
the taskbar. Unfortunately I can't find any script nor a config button
on the player itself. Hints?
Thank's a lot!

--
Cheers
Jens

xcdplayer

Post by Steve O'Hara-Smit » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 04:16:42

On 11 Feb 2003 14:51:21 +0000

JR> Hello
JR>
JR> $ xcdplayer -device /dev/acd0c works fine but I think somewhere should
JR> be a config script for that so xcdplayer can start automatically from
JR> the taskbar. Unfortunately I can't find any script nor a config button
JR> on the player itself. Hints?

        Look into the documentation of whatever WM is providing your
taskbar.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun
                                            |   http://www.sohara.org/

xcdplayer

Post by Jens Richte » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:50:19

> On 11 Feb 2003 14:51:21 +0000

> JR> Hello
> JR>
> JR> $ xcdplayer -device /dev/acd0c works fine but I think somewhere should
> JR> be a config script for that so xcdplayer can start automatically from
> JR> the taskbar. Unfortunately I can't find any script nor a config button
> JR> on the player itself. Hints?

>    Look into the documentation of whatever WM is providing your
> taskbar.

I think you misunderstood the prob: I can start xcdplayer via taskbar
but it tells me that there is no disk in the drive. Obviously it has to be
configured. And exactely this is the prob. Where can I configure
xcdplayer? Where is the config script? Thank's!

--
Cheers
Jens

xcdplayer

Post by Steve O'Hara-Smit » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 04:27:35

On 12 Feb 2003 06:50:19 +0000

JR> > On 11 Feb 2003 14:51:21 +0000

JR> > JR> Hello
JR> > JR>
JR> > JR> $ xcdplayer -device /dev/acd0c works fine but I think somewhere
JR> > JR> should be a config script for that so xcdplayer can start
JR> > JR> automatically from the taskbar. Unfortunately I can't find any
JR> > JR> script nor a config button on the player itself. Hints?
JR> >
JR> >     Look into the documentation of whatever WM is providing your
JR> > taskbar.
JR>
JR> I think you misunderstood the prob: I can start xcdplayer via taskbar

        I certainly did - you seemed to be asking how to get xcdplayer
into the taskbar.

JR> but it tells me that there is no disk in the drive. Obviously it has
JR> to be configured. And exactely this is the prob. Where can I configure
JR> xcdplayer? Where is the config script? Thank's!

        There's a command line option and an X Resource called Device.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun
You lose and Bill collects.                 |  licenses available - see:
                                            |   http://www.sohara.org/

1. xcdplayer for Solaris 2.2

Does anyone know where I can get a version of any xcdplayer
program which will compile and run under Solaris 2.2.

I have one for SunOS 4.1.3 but have been unable to make
it work for Solaris 2.  Does this have something to do with
the volume manager?

--

Code 923.0            Phone: (301) 286-3799
NASA/GSFC             FAX:   (301) 286-9200

2. I need "umsdos" like file system

3. xcdplayer refusal

4. How do I create /dev/loop#?

5. xcdplayer under Solaris 2.2