LG GCC-4120B DVD/CD-RW on FBSD?

Post by Greg Mille » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 20:42:06

Anyone have any experience with the LG Electronics GCC-4120B combo
drive on FreeBSD? I've seen comments about problems with a couple of
other models, but nothing either way on this one. Is it a good deal for a
low-end drive, or just a cheap clunker?
--
http://www.classic-games.com/              http://www.indie-games.com/

1. LG CD-RW and DVD-ROM

I am looking for CD-RW and DVD drives to replace the one
CD-ROM I have.  Found an add for LG DVD-ROM model DRD-8169B
and an internal IDE 32x10x40 CD-RW, no model nmbr in the
add.  Can get them for $140, reg. price $200 for the two.

Decent drives for Linux?  I'm currently running Mandrake 8.1
on one of my boxes, plan to add the new drives and Linux
on another.

TIA!

2. SSI Not working for me with Apache

3. DVD SCSI burner, I want DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM

4. New or Revised TAs on websco, 961108

5. Sony DVD-RW/CD-RW drive problems

6. em86 errors

7. CD-RW or DVD(+-)RW?

8. remote cde login problem

9. Can LG CD-RW CED-8080B write audio CD's in RedHat 7.2?

10. DVD/cd-rw fails to play DVD movies

11. Ricoh CD, CD-R, CD-RW and DVD drive

12. RH 6.2 and LG CED-8080B CD-RW

13. cdrecord and LG CD-RW CED-8080B