ned to make automount work on FreeBSD3.2

ned to make automount work on FreeBSD3.2

Post by TzuChi Fa » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

  I need to make automount work on my FreeBSD at work and get the NIS
info from NIS master which loaded on Sun Solaris 2.6. I can get the
automount directoris auto-mounted when I reboot the FreeBSD, however,
all I got are empty directoris even though thses mount points are
mounted from the NIS master's auto.direct info. Is there anything I
missed? Could someoen give me a hint?
Many thaks,

TF

1. Making GTK work in the background while my app works in foreground

Hi,

I am developing a newsreader for X using the GTK. Of course, there shall
be a progress bar when downloading/sorting the articles. But, when my app
is working in foreground, GTK won't do any widget updates "in background".

So when I call the gtk_progress_bar_update() func, the progress bar (and
the other widgets) are not redrawn. This means that the progress bar won't
show any progress ... :-(

Is there any function that I can call to force GTK to redraw several
(all?) widgets while my app is doing hard work in foreground ?

--

Human struggle continues.... http://www.officaldarwinawards.com/

2. SUMMARY: Error message trying to edit ~negneg crontab

3. automount reading sun's automount file or NIS map

4. Lex

5. automount needs automount?

6. Building a custom bootdisk...... Help....

7. ned help with re grep

8. connected, but cannot ping

9. C.C.Li [magnoptic.ned@casema.nl]

10. I ned a Netcard and Serialcard