Arpresolve error: can't allocate llinfo for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Arpresolve error: can't allocate llinfo for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Post by William Gate » Sat, 12 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Sounds like arplookup can't allocate an ARP entry for this IP address.  I
don't know which version of FreeBSD that you are running or how you
configured the kernel.  Is the router very busy?  Might try recompiling
the kernel with "maxusers" set to 256 and/or increasing the values of
"NBUF" and "NMBCLUSTERS" in the conf file.

Some diagnostics that you might want to post are "vmstat -m", "netstat -m"
"arp -a", "netstat -nr".  Check how big your ARP table is getting and
how many routing table entries the machine is accumulating.

Quote:> Hey,