HELP: configuring tun0 pseudo-device

Post by Savas Pavlid » Tue, 19 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I tried to install FreeBSD 2.1 from walnut creek cdrom. Because I
encounter some problems to recognize my internal modem, I downloaded
and installed FreeBSD 2.2.2

I want to connect my FreeBSD box to Internet to act as a gateway to
two win95 machines. The freebsd box has an internal Supra 144Express
modem.

I followed the instructions for installation in the book, and on the
handbook. I even tune the kernel according to my hardware.

The problem is that sio1 is recognized on boot (COM2 is my modem).
According to online handbook, chapter "Check the tun device" when
# ifconfig tun0
the system should reply with

tun0: flags=8050<POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

In my system it does not say RUNNING. What is the problem and it does
not reply according to handbook?

Thanks in advance for all who take
the time to reply. Please reply also by
e-mail, due to problems we have (constantly
unsolved in IBM) to news servers, so I will not miss it.
For the unbelievers, read the news at
ibmnet.general.

Please note the address was filled with
spaces to avoid spam. Use the adress below.

Savas Pavlidis

1. STREAMS message from pseudo-device to pseudo-device

Hi everybody,

I have a kernel device driver programming related question for Solaris
2.6.

We have a packet classifier which sits between the IP pseudo-driver
and the network interface driver.

We need to send an unacknowledged message from the IP driver to our
classifier so as to pass on connection setup information. The classifier
is implemented as a pseudo device driver. We have plumbed the classifier
beneath IP, and now need a way to send M_PROTO messages from the IP driver
to the classifier. We have saved up the address of the device write queue
of our classifier in a global variable, but a putnext of a message from IP
onto the classifier's device write queue causes the machine to crash.

(1) In short, is there a way for M_PROTO messages to be transmitted from
IP to our classifier beneath it.

(2) Is there a way to set up a STREAM between two kernel pseudo device
drivers?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Regards,
ravi

2. Windows trashed my HardDrive re: Linux ruined my video card!

3. May 23 10:50:05 mwsbit04 pseudo: [ID 129642 kern.info] pseudo-device: devinfo0

4. Default root cron job on RH 6.2

5. Help developing a pseudo-device driver ?

6. Common User Sparcstation Reboot under Solaris 2.4

7. Network Pseudo-device question

8. How can I have True Type Fonts display on KDE?

9. undefined pseudo-device abcd

10. pseudo-device error in messages

11. Help for Newbie: How to configure tun0 ?

12. Pseudo-Device Driver in Solaris 2.x

13. Pseudo-device Qns