Sound Blaster 16 (Vibra 16)

Post by Nicolas Gosseli » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

hey guys,

I am new to freebsd, but not new to *nix.  I am trying to get my sound card
working in it and so far I have no success.
The only somewhat success I have gotten is for the kernel to tell me or
complain that it needs Sound Blaster Pro support for my sound card.

I have the following in the kernel for sound,

controller snd0

device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr

I have also tried pcm0 but it wont even compile for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas

Sound Blaster 16 (Vibra 16)

Post by David Efflan » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>hey guys,

>I am new to freebsd, but not new to *nix.  I am trying to get my sound card
>working in it and so far I have no success.
>The only somewhat success I have gotten is for the kernel to tell me or
>complain that it needs Sound Blaster Pro support for my sound card.

>I have the following in the kernel for sound,

>controller snd0

>device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr

>I have also tried pcm0 but it wont even compile for me.

Have you tried reading the docs in the sound dir?
This works for my SB16 (ISA non-pnp).  Note that your irq and drq (dma)
may vary (try the same settings that Win uses):

# Sound
controller snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 10 conflicts drq 3
device sbxvi0   at isa? port? irq? drq 5 conflicts
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388 conflicts
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330 irq? conflicts
device joy0     at isa? port "IO_GAME"

--

http://www.de-srv.com  http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/
http://thunder.prohosting.com/~cv-elgin/