spamassasin and sendmail

Post by read-the-signat.. » Fri, 16 May 2003 08:21:42

Greetings,

My sendmail is working pretty well with smtp auth and I'm using an RBL,
spamhaus.org, that kills alot of spam.  I've heard though, that spamassasin
might do a better job.  I haven't investigated how spamassasin works yet
but, I'm wondering if I have to change from sendmail to procmail to use it?

--
John J. Rushford
j j r { a t } a l i s a { d o t } o r g

spamassasin and sendmail

Post by Kirk Job-Slude » Fri, 16 May 2003 12:55:04

spamassasin and sendmail

Post by Bob Kerste » Fri, 16 May 2003 17:25:10

Hi,

 > I haven't investigated how spamassasin works yet
 > but, I'm wondering if I have to change from sendmail
 > to procmail to use it?

    No, that's not necessary. Just get your hands on the
spamass-milter (it is in the ports if I'm not mistaken) and recompile
your sendmail with milter support. Read the docs on how to add
spamassassin to your sendmail configuration. I've got this combination
up and running for quite some time now, works flawlessly.

--
Ajuus,
 Bop (bob at fellownet dot com)

spamassasin and sendmail

Post by Kirk Strause » Fri, 16 May 2003 23:46:57

spamassasin and sendmail

Post by Andrzej Fili » Sat, 17 May 2003 17:45:33

> Greetings,

> My sendmail is working pretty well with smtp auth and I'm using an RBL,
> spamhaus.org, that kills alot of spam.  I've heard though, that spamassasin
> might do a better job.  I haven't investigated how spamassasin works yet
> but, I'm wondering if I have to change from sendmail to procmail to use it?

http://www.spamassassin.org/where.html list a few milters available for
integration of spamassassin  with sendmail.

I suggests you using MIMEDefang - it can be also use for intgration of virus
scanner [e.g. clamav (free)]

--
Andrzej [pl>en: Andrew] Adam Filip http://www.polbox.com/a/anfi/
*Random epigram* :