Can't install linux_base or packages.rpm not found.

Can't install linux_base or packages.rpm not found.

Post by sam wu » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 11:37:42

Hi,

I tried to install linux_base in 4.2 stable, but it said that "pakage
setup-2.1.8-1 (which is newer than setup-2.0.5-1) is already installed".
I don't know how to remove the setup-2.1.8-1.
I used rpm --erase setup-2.1.8-1, but it comlained that
/var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm is not found.

Does anyone know how to make this works?

Thanks
Sam

1. rpm: not found 'packages.rpm'

I run Slackware, and I need to be able to run rpm to install rpm
packages (duh). un-tarzipped the distribution package i got from the
sunsite site, and now when i do

rpm -i apcahe-blah-blah

it says:

# rpm -i ghostview-1.5-6.i386.rpm
failed to open //var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

error: cannot open /var/lib/rpm//packages.rpm

--

what is wrong?

the howto's dont have much help for idiots.

PLEEZE?>

thank you.

2. Detecting duplicate IP addresses in Linux

3. RPM Crashes with "//var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm not found"

4. How to get read-bytes and write-bytes out of a disk device on Reliant Unix 5.45(SINIX)

5. packages.rpm not found.

6. General Newbie questions

7. rpm upgraded - kpackage won't read packages.rpm

8. Is XFree86 3.3.1 for Debian available?

9. RPM: can't open packages.rpm

10. rpm -e reports rpm package not installed

11. RPM looks like in installs package but doesn't actually install

12. Package not found - can't install development tools

13. Building RPM packages: How to find which files to install from source?