Soundblaster PCI64

Post by Andreas Lo » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I recently bought a Soundblaster PCI64 card, but I had no luck
getting it to work under 2.2.8. Are PCI soundcards supported at
all?

Andreas

--

Soundblaster PCI64

Post by Ted Sikor » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I recently bought a Soundblaster PCI64 card, but I had no luck
> getting it to work under 2.2.8. Are PCI soundcards supported at
> all?

> Andreas

> --

The SB PCI64 is an Ensoniq sound card. It uses WSS for sound support
rather than Soundblaster. Check out the docs in /usr/sys/i386/isa/sound
and /snd. It should fill in the blanks for you. I am not sure but

controller snd0
device  wss0 ...

should work. If not there is always

controller pnp0
device  pcm0 ...

(Make sure you use (# sh MAKEDEV snd1)
when using the pcm drivers.)
pcm works on about 99% of all pnp cards.

--
Ted Sikora

http://tsikora.tiac.net

Soundblaster PCI64

Post by Dan Sideriu » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

When you say the pcm0 works with all pnp cards are you talking about
plug-n-play?  If so, do you think a PCI128 would work with that config?

> > I recently bought a Soundblaster PCI64 card, but I had no luck
> > getting it to work under 2.2.8. Are PCI soundcards supported at
> > all?

> > Andreas

> > --

> The SB PCI64 is an Ensoniq sound card. It uses WSS for sound support
> rather than Soundblaster. Check out the docs in /usr/sys/i386/isa/sound
> and /snd. It should fill in the blanks for you. I am not sure but

> controller snd0
> device  wss0 ...

> should work. If not there is always

> controller pnp0
> device  pcm0 ...

> (Make sure you use (# sh MAKEDEV snd1)
> when using the pcm drivers.)
> pcm works on about 99% of all pnp cards.

> --
> Ted Sikora

> http://tsikora.tiac.net

1. SoundBlaster PCI64 Setup in RH 5.2

Any help on configuring a Soundblaster PCI 64 on RH 5.2.  RH recognizes it
as an Esoniq PCI 64/128 but any irq or dma that I configure...no ah ah.
Under Win95, there are 2 sets of irq's and dma's.  One for DOS based
applications and ones that Windows itself utilizes.  I've tried both to no
avail.  Has anyone done it?  I know that there are alot of these cards out
there.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

2. SSH failures

3. SoundBlaster PCI64 and Linux 2.2.1?

4. Restricting SysV IPC usage

5. SoundBlaster PCI64

6. IDE1 S&F CD SpeedWriter RW , SuSE 6.2

7. SoundBlaster PCI64 card

8. Bash or Ksh ??

9. Help?? SoundBlaster PCI64.

10. Conflict between printer and SoundBlaster PCI64

11. Sound Problems with Ensoniq Driver (SoundBlaster PCI64)

12. SoundBlaster PCI64

13. Soundblaster PCI64 behaves differently in 2.0 from 2.1 kernels