sendmail not accepting connections

Post by pater_.. » Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:00:00

My sendmail has stoped taking connections for hosts outside
my domain, I see the connections in netstat but looking at the
output of truss on sendmail it dos not do a thing at all??
There is no firewall in the way and hotes.allow has ALL as its
first rule. Nothing appears in the loges for the ignored connections.
I am using FreeBSD 4.1 and the default sendmail config I did not
touch it after letting mergemaster do its thing.
What should I be checking?

Thanks for any help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

sendmail not accepting connections

Post by pater_.. » Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> My sendmail has stoped taking connections for hosts outside
> my domain, I see the connections in netstat but looking at the
> output of truss on sendmail it dos not do a thing at all??
> There is no firewall in the way and hotes.allow has ALL as its
> first rule. Nothing appears in the loges for the ignored connections.
> I am using FreeBSD 4.1 and the default sendmail config I did not
> touch it after letting mergemaster do its thing.
> What should I be checking?

> Thanks for any help.

I should make it clear that it is takeing connections form inside
my doman, and that I can use the DNS server to lookup the faling
servers names or IP's

Post by Claus Assman » Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> My sendmail has stoped taking connections for hosts outside
> my domain, I see the connections in netstat but looking at the
> output of truss on sendmail it dos not do a thing at all??
> There is no firewall in the way and hotes.allow has ALL as its
> first rule. Nothing appears in the loges for the ignored connections.
> I am using FreeBSD 4.1 and the default sendmail config I did not
> touch it after letting mergemaster do its thing.
> What should I be checking?

Run sendmail with a higher loglevel (at least 10),
connect from an external host to port 25
and check the logfile as well as the process status.

You can also use some debug flags, e.g.,
sendmail -bD -d15.2
to see what's going on.
--
If you feel the urgent wish to send me a courtesy copy of a Usenet
posting, then make sure it's recognizable as such!

1. sendmail not accepting connections on port 25?

Hi,

I'm running OpenBSD 2.7 release on the multihome machine. Sendmail
starting with -bd -q15m switches. When I telnet to port 25 from local
console everything is fine. When I telnet to port 25 from outside
network I get no connection. IPFilter rules are set to allow all from
outside/inside networks. Telnet to port 587 works.
netstat shows smtp port as LISTEN.
What is the catch?

TIA,

Open BSD novice.

2. quota problem

3. sendmail trouble: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): getrequests: accept: Connection reset by peer

4. script with sed

5. sendmail: accepting connections

6. How can I use Windows True Type Fonts?

7. Sendmail does not accept "outside" adresses

8. Lotus Notes on Linux

9. Sendmail does not accept my user account if it starts with an Capital, Bug???

10. sendmail mail server does not accept sending mail from remote clients

11. sendmail does not accept mails from outside

12. Solaris 2.6 not accepting network connections

13. ftp.internat.freebsd.org not accepting passive data connections