Is the 3COM 3c509 etherlink III (ISA) supported?

Is the 3COM 3c509 etherlink III (ISA) supported?

Post by Gary Howlan » Tue, 24 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

Could someone please confirm (or deny) that the latest SNAP supports the
3COM 3c509 etherlink III (ISA).  If so, is it only supported if it is
taken out of plug and play mode, and will I need a DOS machine to do
this?

Many thanks,

Gary
--

Key fingerprint =  0C FB 60 61 4D 3B 24 7D  1C 89 1D BE 1F EE 09 06

Post by J Wuns » Wed, 25 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Could someone please confirm (or deny) that the latest SNAP supports the
> 3COM 3c509 etherlink III (ISA).  If so, is it only supported if it is

As well (or as bad) as it used to be supported for quite a long time.
I had to assemble a router for a customer recently with two 3c509's,
and the cards seem to stumple every now and then when trying a
continuous multi-megabyte stream routing over it.  However, they
unwedge themselves after a second.  The overall TCP rate over both
cards was ~ 180 KB/s (that's not very much indeed).

Quote:> taken out of plug and play mode, and will I need a DOS machine to do
> this?

I seem to remember that you gotta do this.

--
cheers, J"org

1. ISA sound YAMAHA and ISA 3COm Etherlink III ISA are CONFLICTING

Hello there!!!

I have ISA sound card YAMAHA and ISA 3c509b. 3com doesn't work at all.
I have just removed sound card, and after reboot my net interface eth0
was brought up.

The question is: How can I install 2 ISA cards without conflicts?

Thanks in advance

Artem

2. clear_colormap replacement for Solaris 2.3?

3. ISA 3Com EtherLink III 3C509 and Compaq DeskPro 2000

4. can't start tomcat

5. ISA sound YAMAHA and ISA 3COm Etherlink III ISA are CONFLICTING

6. font problem with Netsape 3.04 with Solaris 2.5.1

7. netscape mail hangs (nfs locking problem?)

8. 3Com 3c509 (Etherlink III) drivers

9. 3Com Etherlink III (3c509)-- TP bug?

10. Problems adding network card 3COM EtherLink III (3C509)

11. 3com 3c509 Etherlink III Drivers

12. RH 6.1 w/ 3COM Etherlink III (3c509) Problem