disklabel editor

Post by donol » Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:00:00

disk:wd0  partition name: wd0s3   free: 604800 blocks  (295MB)

part          mount        size newfs           part     mount
size newfs
-----          --------          -------------            ------     -------
-             -------------
wd0s1    <none>     1328MB DOS

When I enter command A which is auto defaults for all I get a message saying
Unable to create root partition.  Too big?  If I enter command C it prompts
me to make a partion and asks FS or Swap and then a mount point but never
lets me make it.  I get the same message for /usr or /var or swap.  If I try
to make a / file then the message says that the root partition cannot be
made in that location.  Make the size smaller or put it in another location.
What did I do wrong?

1. How to tell the disklabel editor in which partition to create new slices ?

Hello,

I want to install two versions of freebsd on the same hard disk.  I have
one version on ad0s3.

Now I want to install another one on ad0s1.  I use the installation disks
of FreeBSD 5.0 rc2.

When entering the disklabel editor, how do I tell it to keep the
partitions of ad0s3, and create new ones in ad0s1 ? Because when I create
new partitions automatically or manual, it also puts partitions in ad0s3.

Thank you for your time,
Johan

--
Is er leven zonder Microsoft ?
    http://www.gewestpallieter.be/~johan/ms-alt/

2. Backup

3. DiskLabel Editor

4. XForms V0.81 - X11 GUI toolkit & Builder

5. Disklabel Editor problem during install

6. Linux 2.4.3-ac4

7. disklabel editor...

8. sscanf() help

9. linux editors vs windows editors

10. FreeBSD cmd line editor / text editor recommends?

11. Binary Editor/Hexadecimal editor

12. comp.editors.advocacy (was Any editors easier than VI?)

13. Binary editor/Hexadecimal editor