How big is CVSup tree?

Post by Greg Shena » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

If I use CVSup in <<*default tag=.>> mode for src-all, cvs-crypto,
and ports-all, how big of a disk will I need?  At what rate can I
anticipate the space requirement to increase?

Greg

How big is CVSup tree?

Post by Christopher Kings-Lynn » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

The complete source code seems to be around 200MB.  The ports collection
seems around 100MB.  The documentation wouldn't be very much I assume.

Chris

Quote:> If I use CVSup in <<*default tag=.>> mode for src-all, cvs-crypto,
> and ports-all, how big of a disk will I need?  At what rate can I
> anticipate the space requirement to increase?

> Greg

How big is CVSup tree?

Post by Greg Shena » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

: The complete source code seems to be around 200MB.  The ports collection
: seems around 100MB.  The documentation wouldn't be very much I assume.

Hmm. That seems small.  Well, perhaps I should hold off on ordering
the big disk to hold it all and just get on with pulling it in.

Thanks.

Greg

: > If I use CVSup in <<*default tag=.>> mode for src-all, cvs-crypto,
: > and ports-all, how big of a disk will I need?  At what rate can I
: > anticipate the space requirement to increase?
: >
: > Greg

How big is CVSup tree?

Post by Chris Costell » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Hmm. That seems small.  Well, perhaps I should hold off on ordering
> the big disk to hold it all and just get on with pulling it in.
> Thanks.

   Are you talking about the whole CVS repository, or only one
specific revision/branch (i.e. HEAD)?

How big is CVSup tree?

Post by Greg Shena » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

: > Hmm. That seems small.  Well, perhaps I should hold off on ordering
: > the big disk to hold it all and just get on with pulling it in.

: > Thanks.

:    Are you talking about the whole CVS repository, or only one
: specific revision/branch (i.e. HEAD)?

Whole.

Greg

How big is CVSup tree?

Post by Donn Mille » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> : The complete source code seems to be around 200MB.  The ports collection
> : seems around 100MB.  The documentation wouldn't be very much I assume.

> Hmm. That seems small.  Well, perhaps I should hold off on ordering
> the big disk to hold it all and just get on with pulling it in.

Well, on my machine, /usr/src is about 228 Megs.

- Donn

How big is CVSup tree?

Post by Chris Costell » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Whole.

   Oh, wow.  You're looking at plenty of space there.  The
repository itself is around 500 MB.  It will, of course, grow, if
you plan to track it.

How big is CVSup tree?

Post by Christian Weisgerb » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>    Oh, wow.  You're looking at plenty of space there.  The
> repository itself is around 500 MB.

More like 750MB last time I looked. 800+ by now, probably.

--

How big is CVSup tree?

Post by Darryl Okahat » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> > Whole.

>    Oh, wow.  You're looking at plenty of space there.  The
> repository itself is around 500 MB.  It will, of course, grow, if
> you plan to track it.

     From today's cvsup (whole repositories):

        # du -sk CVSROOT/ doc/ ports/ src/
        15290   CVSROOT/
        66164   doc/
        161956  ports/
        627602  src/

This is for "src-all", "cvs-crypto", "ports-all", and "doc-all".

--
        Darryl Okahata

How big is CVSup tree?

Post by Thierry Herbelo » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> >    Oh, wow.  You're looking at plenty of space there.  The
> > repository itself is around 500 MB.

> More like 750MB last time I looked. 800+ by now, probably.

> --

For my cvs repository :

test# du -s /files2/ncvs
852699  /files2/ncvs
test#

        TfH

How big is CVSup tree?

Post by Chris Costell » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>      From today's cvsup (whole repositories):
>         # du -sk CVSROOT/ doc/ ports/ src/
>         15290   CVSROOT/
>         66164   doc/
>         161956  ports/
>         627602  src/
> This is for "src-all", "cvs-crypto", "ports-all", and "doc-all".

   It seems I underestimated.  I'm impressed both ways -- that
doc/ and ports/ are so (relatively) small and src/ is so
(relatively) big.

How big is CVSup tree?

Post by Michael Henr » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>> Whole.

>   Oh, wow.  You're looking at plenty of space there.  The
>repository itself is around 500 MB.  It will, of course, grow, if
>you plan to track it.

Only 500 Mb? My repository (including ports, doc, and crypto)
is almost 800 Mb.

How big is CVSup tree?

Post by Christopher Kings-Lynn » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> > Hmm. That seems small.  Well, perhaps I should hold off on ordering
> > the big disk to hold it all and just get on with pulling it in.

> > Thanks.

>    Are you talking about the whole CVS repository, or only one
> specific revision/branch (i.e. HEAD)?

Yes, sorry.  My quote was the amount of space downloading RELENG3 takes up.
(/usr/src and /usr/ports)

Chris

1. HELP wiht CVSup, I like to keep my source tree current, wiht the stable brench.

I read advance topics in the first edition FreeBSD Handbook, and do not
understand how to setup CVSup so as to be able to sync with the current 4.2
STABLE, I am now 4.2 RELEASE. I tried to install CVSup but it fails to
download? Can some one that has done this please give me clear directions on
what exactly I need to do? Thanks in advance.

MB

2. Kernel Compilation problems

3. ports tree in cvsup.openbsd.org is up-to-date?

4. Stealth 24 timings

5. how to cvsup the "lkm" tree

6. Directory index building tool for Sys V file system?

7. cvsup and ports tree

8. printcap

9. AAgghhh! CVSup is deleting my ports tree entries ...!?

10. CVSUP and source tree

11. What am I getting with cvsup tag=RELENG_3?

12. I am seeking employment ASAP, Cone-Tree, Java!

13. Lo, for I have beheld the almighty ports tree, and I am in awe.