PPP dialin server

Post by Mark » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello

I once had a dialup server set up on a BSD machine many years ago
(primarily for network games).  I can't get it to work any more and
have given up on the way i was doing it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a complete setup FAQ for a ppp
dialin?

thanks
mark

PPP dialin server

Post by Rasput » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

>Hello

>I once had a dialup server set up on a BSD machine many years ago
>(primarily for network games).  I can't get it to work any more and
>have given up on the way i was doing it.

>Can anyone point me in the direction of a complete setup FAQ for a ppp
>dialin?

The Handbook has a section on dialin servers:

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/dialup.html

Also STR seeing something either in the handbook or
'the pedantic ppp primer' (search on Google)
about setting up a ppp server, if that's what you meant.
--

Rasputin.
Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns.

1. slip/ppp dialin server with dhcp server

Would someone point me to the right direction and reference material?  I
want to setup a small slip/ppp dialin server using Linux.  I read the
NET-3-HOWTO.  It has details on accomplishing this.  But I want to know
if it is possible to do this with dhcpd instead of a static file.  As I
understand the doc, dynamic IP assignment still binds the IP address to a
specific ttyS? port.  Is it possible to have the dialin server to make
request to an existing dhcp server then pass this onto the caller?  It
is my understanding that dhcp server could inform the dhcp client the
change of IP assignment.  How could this be accomplished in the
mentioned scenario?  I appreciate any idea and suggestion.

2. xdm display problem

3. PPP dialin server problem

4. Apache with a dynamic IP address

5. ppp Dialin Server

6. Newbie needs help

7. ppp dialin server -- Please Help!!!

8. Linux typing tutor????

9. 2.5 PPP dialin server IP number assignment question

10. ppp dialin server

11. PPP Dialin Server Authentication problems.

12. PPP dialin server

13. solaris 2.6 ppp dialin server setup