Problem with "databases" in ports collection

Problem with "databases" in ports collection

Post by Dan Delane » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello all.

I just switched my FreeBSD 3.1 system to FreeBSD 4.0 on a new box. I've
gotten most things to install just fine (having strange errors with
Mailman), except for everything in the "databases" directory of the ports
collection. Other ports in other directories work just fine. But whenever I
try to install something in the "databases" directory (gdbm, p5-DBI, and
p5-Mysql for example) it doesn't work. It says that it's trying to find a
file called ".tar.gz". For some reason it's just not getting the name on any
of the ports in the "databases" directory. Does anyone know what's going on
here, and how I can fix it?

Thanks a lot.
-- Dan

 www.Dionysia.org/~dionysos/
 PGP Public Key: /~dionysos/pgp.html

Problem with "databases" in ports collection

Post by Bill Mora » Sun, 09 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I'd re-CVSUP the ports tree and try again. Did you install from FTP? You
might have a corrupt tree on that branch of the ports tree. You can
actually set CVSUP to only upgrade the database portion of the ports,
which would speed things up.

-Bill

Post by Heiko Recktenwal » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> file called ".tar.gz". For some reason it's just not getting the name on any

Think the files in /usr/ports/Mk might be wrong. Had such a problem with a
new port, which needed those files from the "current" branch. Why not use
packages, if they exist ?