problems with left alt key

Post by Future Seeke » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
   I've been having problems with left alt key on FreeBSD 3.2. My
problem
is that I can't do ascii codes using alt+numpad. The only ones I can do
are 99, 88, 77, 66, 55, etc...I use the left alt key and the numpad but
can only press a number key and after that console complains by beeping
at
me. So, when I do alt+7, I get M which is ascii code 77.

Everyone seems to be able to do ascii codes without problems and my
problem
may seem uninteresting but I hope someone could still help me.

Also, is it normal that I can't switch windows (or screens, depending
on how you want to call them) using alt+numbers in *X under FreeBSD
?
I can use ESC+number but for some reason I can't hold ESC and go
throught
all the windows. I have to release the ESC key each time.

Thanks in advance.

Future Seeker

1. Netscape and ALT+Left,ALT+Right keys

        I am using Netscape 1.0 with XFree86 3.1 on Linux 1.1.59. For some
reason the ALT+Left and ALT+Right keys do nothing instead of executing the
Back and Forward functions. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this ?

Cheers,
Neil

--
Neil Lovely                             |

South East Queensland Electricity Board | Phone  : +61 7 223 4256
GPO Box 1461  Brisbane Q 4001 Australia | Fax    : +61 7 221 7556

2. AS or AS86 multipass

3. Left vs. Ctl-Left vs. Alt-Left

4. long delay mounting fat filesystem

5. XFree86 4.1 upgrade: left ALT key no longer META1???

6. cd roms locked

7. Getting Left-Alt key to work in Emacs

8. newbie question :- installation problemo 0x44 error partition gone, please help me.

9. Only left alt key working in bash

10. Left ALT key only- Why ?

11. <alt gr> key as <alt>?

12. <Alt>+<key> = <Esc><key> ?

13. Function of Keys ALT-CTRL key combinations