compile linux kernel with FreeBSD linux dev tools?

compile linux kernel with FreeBSD linux dev tools?

Post by _E » Mon, 29 Jul 2002 01:39:59

Anyone ever successfully compilied a linux kernel using the FreeBSD
linux dev tools? Please describe which kernel, how it was done, how it
was tested, any problems, etc...

Post by Miroslav Zubci » Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:33:47

> Anyone ever successfully compilied a linux kernel using the FreeBSD
> linux dev tools? Please describe which kernel, how it was done, how it
> was tested, any problems, etc...

I did that once when I was bored - I started "gmake dep bzImage
modules" on NFS mounted Linux volume on FreeBSD 4.5. I never heard for
"linux dev tools", but kernel compiled OK. Almost all modules compiled
(except two of them because of older gcc on FreeBSD).

However, I never tried to boot that kernel ... :-) It was 2.4.12 I
think. I think, it should work - theoretically.

--
This signature intentionally left blank

1. Stupid questions about linux dev tools and java dev tools

Hi;

I'm a java developer who has been working in linux ( and liking it )
for the past 6 months.

I'm starting to feel comfortable with the environment and I am
thinking about taking my nix and java development skills up a notch.

I have some questions, the answers of which will help get me started.

Will the "make" utility work with java?  If so, why use Ant?

Well the gdb work with Java?  Is it easier then the jdb?  How many
languages does the gdb support?  Can I use either the gdb or jdb to
debug server side applications?  Do I have to recompile my project
with special options to use a debugger?

Steve

2. Help with IP Masquerading Win9x clients

3. proposal: feed smaller mailing lists into linux-kernel, add linux-kernel-core and linux-kernel-bugs

4. Where to get a.out libraries?

5. Can I compile FreeBSD kernel on Linux machine?

6. Serverwatch News (July 14, 1996)

7. compiling freebsd kernel from linux

8. RH 7.1: NVAGP not loading

9. Dev Tools for Linux DBMS's

10. Suggest Linux dev tools, please

11. Starting FreeBSD 4.0 with Linux or starting Linux with FreeBSD

12. Configuring Linux tools: i586-pc-linux-gnu or i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1 ?????