Per IP Bandwidth Monitoring

Post by Kenneth Stanle » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:45:37

Hello all,

We are running the latest version of FreeBSD and have about 30 IP's on 1
BOX..
I use Apache and VHost.. Now what I would like to know if there is a program
out there that will give me bandwidth usage per IP/Domain?

1 Box 1 Nic OC3..

Thanks a ton
Ken

Post by Michael Alyn Mille » Tue, 25 Sep 2001 02:54:59

> We are running the latest version of FreeBSD and have about 30 IP's on
> 1 BOX..  I use Apache and VHost.. Now what I would like to know if
> there is a program out there that will give me bandwidth usage per
> IP/Domain?

Hi, Ken,

We use net-snmp (http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/) on our boxes and then
collect the data with MRTG.  There is a patch for MRTG to calculate 95th
percentile values available at http://www.seanadams.com/95/ if you would
like to include that information in your statistics.  Any SNMP tool will
work with net-snmp, so you may want to spend some time surveying what is
available before settling on a product.

If you want to write your own scripts, you could also use netstat and do
the data munging yourself.  ``netstat -i -b'' will output statistics you
can use to track data per-interface, per-alias, etc.

Michael Alyn Miller

--
Sent with Target Revocable E-Mail from http://eioMAIL.com/
Create a new e-mail address every time you post.

1. monitoring bandwidth per user

I'm looking for a script or program to monitor/limit bandwidth under linux
on a per user basis. I found useripacct, but it contains kernel patches
which haven't been updated since 2.4.5. Can anyone recommend anything to do
this? I'd also like to limit sockets on a per user basis, tho this isn;t
quite as high on my list of priorities

Martin

2. Low level kernel network programming question

3. Per process, per user network bandwidth limiter

4. PHP / Apache

5. IP accounting on a per-user basis, rather than per IP address.

6. Informix on Linux : Couple of questions

7. IP Bandwidth Limiting per user

8. mod_proxy and Cisco Local Director

9. How to "ration" bandwidth per IP address?

10. Monitoring traffic per workstation per protocol

11. Network monitoring per IP ?

12. Limit connections per port per IP

13. Monitoring bandwidth usage - writing a simple monitor