FreeBSD on AMD processor

Post by Philipp Hube » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

stephen chan schrieb:

Quote:> Hello:

> I'd like to get an idea on FreeBSD running on AMD.
> How reliable is it as a heavily loaded web server and
> can it handle 24X7 enviroment?

i've never heard of problems with amd-processors (i've got a k6 myself),
even for a webserver. linux, for example, has the best performance on
amds.
Quote:

> Thanks
> Stephen

FreeBSD on AMD processor

Post by Wilko Bul » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>stephen chan schrieb:
>> Hello:

>> I'd like to get an idea on FreeBSD running on AMD.
>> How reliable is it as a heavily loaded web server and
>> can it handle 24X7 enviroment?

>i've never heard of problems with amd-processors (i've got a k6 myself),
>even for a webserver. linux, for example, has the best performance on
>amds.

FreeBSD works like a charm on AMD cpus.

|   / o / /  _           Arnhem, The Netherlands        - Powered by FreeBSD -
|/|/ / / /( (_) Bulte    WWW  : http://www.tcja.nl       http://www.freebsd.org

FreeBSD on AMD processor

Post by Bob Marti » Mon, 06 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> >stephen chan schrieb:

> >> Hello:

> >> I'd like to get an idea on FreeBSD running on AMD.
> >> How reliable is it as a heavily loaded web server and
> >> can it handle 24X7 enviroment?

> >i've never heard of problems with amd-processors (i've got a k6 myself),
> >even for a webserver. linux, for example, has the best performance on
> >amds.

> FreeBSD works like a charm on AMD cpus.

> --
> --
> |   / o / /  _           Arnhem, The Netherlands        - Powered by FreeBSD -
> |/|/ / / /( (_) Bulte    WWW  : http://www.tcja.nl      http://www.freebsd.org

We have been running FreeBSD on AMD cpus since the K6 200, and have never had any
problems

FreeBSD on AMD processor

Post by Martin Dieringe » Tue, 07 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> > >i've never heard of problems with amd-processors (i've got a k6 myself),
> > >even for a webserver. linux, for example, has the best performance on
> > >amds.

> > FreeBSD works like a charm on AMD cpus.
> We have been running FreeBSD on AMD cpus since the K6 200, and have never had any
> problems

You don't even need all those Intel bug workarounds in your kernel.

m.

1. FreeBSD on AMD-K6 processor

Greetings everyone,

Has anyone ever run FreeBSD on a machine with a AMD K6 microprocessor?
Does FreeBSD run on the AMD K6 without problems? There is a Evergreen
processor upgrade that upgrades a Pentium 75 MHZ to a AMD K6 333
MHZ. I am considering buying it to upgrade my machine and I'd like to
know if there are any known problems in doing that.

Thanks for any information on that.
--
 Ivan Lima
 University of Miami, RSMAS-MBF

        "Please remain calm. I may be mad but I'm a professional."
                                                  - Mad Scientist

2. Newbie Q Re: initiating newly installed software

3. AMD processor upgrade

4. Having a TTY timeout

5. Anyone had any problems with Cyrix 686/AMD K5 processors?

6. netatalk running under 1.3.3

7. SBU/EBS client for AMD processors

8. Setuid - scripts and binaries

9. Linux and the AMD K5 processor

10. AMD Processors: problems solved!

11. Dual processor and AMD

12. AMD-K6-166 Processor

13. TSC and Power Management Events on AMD Processors