WHAT FILES TO DOWNLOAD[NEWBIE]

Post by Robert Daniel » Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Can sombody please tell me what files to download from ftp.freebsd.org .. To
get a full working development enviroment in FreeBsd 2.26 ...

Thank you
Robert Daniels

WHAT FILES TO DOWNLOAD[NEWBIE]

Post by Morten A. Middeltho » Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Just download the image for the bootdisk from:
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.6-RELEASE/floppies/boot.flp

See http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html for more information.

After you've booted with the disk, you can select which packages to
install, sources, documentation, XFree86, games, etc etc via f.ex ftp
directly from ftp.freebsd.org, or whichever ftp-mirror is closest to you.

Morten A. Middelthon

> Can sombody please tell me what files to download from ftp.freebsd.org .. To
> get a full working development enviroment in FreeBsd 2.26 ...

> Thank you
> Robert Daniels

WHAT FILES TO DOWNLOAD[NEWBIE]

Post by Eddie Lawhea » Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hello

You will need bin, des, doc and manpages.  If you want to run X window
environment you will need XF86332.

Enjoy

Ed

>Can sombody please tell me what files to download from ftp.freebsd.org ..
>get a full working development enviroment in FreeBsd 2.26 ...

>Thank you
>Robert Daniels

1. newbie: downloading a file from a website

Hi,

I've installed Linux and now I'm trying to download a tar file from this
  website:

www.divx.com/divx/linux

I tried to click on the link 'download' and I expected the download to
start (and a dialog box should display the progress).
But instead the file was loaded into my browser and I saw lots of
unreadable binary code.
I presume this is NOT  what should occur; so question is: how can I
download such a file?

Thanks in advance,

Erik

2. How to determine version numbers of components

3. Newbie trying to download binary files

4. Help with pc-speaker-play.c.z

5. Newbie: What files do I download to get started?

6. sending email with attachment from a C program

7. Newbie:how to run files downloaded

8. samba & win95

9. NEWBIE-QUESTION: How to install a downloaded *.tar.gz - File?

10. Download file stalled when file size > 500KB

11. How do I perserve file extensions when a file is downloaded

12. NEWBIE: DOWNLOADING WITH MINICOM

13. Snapshot download and packages...(newbie)