"not an amanda tape"

Post by Will Curr » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I'm having trouble getting amanda to work with my tape drive.  I have atapi,
wdc0, and wst0 support in the kernel.  I'm able to use amlabel to label the
tape, but when I try to amcheck or amdump, it says, "error: not an amanda
tape".   The problem is that amanda requires that the tape drive be set as
non-rewindable.  The tape drive works from /dev/rwst0 and I think it needs
to be /dev/nrwst0??  The drive is an IDE HP Colorado 20GB Travan drive.  Can
I make amanda believe its non-rewindable, or am I screwed??

Any help is appreciated...

-Squillis

"not an amanda tape"

Post by Blaz Zup » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>I'm having trouble getting amanda to work with my tape drive.  I have atapi,
>wdc0, and wst0 support in the kernel.  I'm able to use amlabel to label the
>tape, but when I try to amcheck or amdump, it says, "error: not an amanda
>tape".   The problem is that amanda requires that the tape drive be set as
>non-rewindable.  The tape drive works from /dev/rwst0 and I think it needs
>to be /dev/nrwst0??  The drive is an IDE HP Colorado 20GB Travan drive.  Can
>I make amanda believe its non-rewindable, or am I screwed??

In /usr/local/etc/amanda/YOURNAME/amanda.conf, edit the specification for
"tapdev" and replace /dev/rwst0 with /dev/nrwst0. Replace YOURNAME with the name
of your configuration directory.

--

Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia