Setting up Xf86 and having problems

Post by John Mora » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 23:35:12

Ok I am installing 1.4.2 freebsd and after installing(doing the  impatient
install) I go back and do the option to install additional sets, and make
sure I install Xf86. After that when I try to start x (it says it can not
find xf86 files)? any ideas?

Post by Nick Hilliar » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:55:25

> Ok I am installing 1.4.2 freebsd and after installing(doing the  impatient
> install) I go back and do the option to install additional sets, and make
> sure I install Xf86. After that when I try to start x (it says it can not
> find xf86 files)? any ideas?

Have you tried running XF86Setup?

Nick

1. Having problems untarring XF86-3.1

I am having problems untarring the binaries for XFree v3.1.
Using both
1) tar vxfz filename.tar.gz
2) gunzip < filename.tar.gz | tar xfBp -
I get the following error (verbatim)
   gzip: stdout: Broken Pipe
   tar: child returned status 1

The binaries were ftp'd from sunsite.unc.edu over ppp.  I can't seem
to figure out what is wrong for the life of me...  I would appreciate
any suggestions.

Thanks,
Scott Harris
--
Scott Harris

2. Why can't I use useradd?

3. XF86 3.1.2A with T9440 still having problems..

4. RealAudio

5. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

6. Is there a 4k limit when trying an <?IMPORT ... ???

7. Having a Sun tell the UPS to cut the power

8. Mosaic

9. Another person having difficulty configuring XF86

10. Having Trouble Upgrading to XF86 3.3.3.1

11. Having trouble with XF86 acel servers?

12. Having problem with setting TCP Timeout?

13. Having problem with ftp login when I set bash as default shell (on solaris7)