cyrus user account and cyrus-imapd configuration problem.

cyrus user account and cyrus-imapd configuration problem.

Post by federic » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 09:50:23

Hi, I am trying to configure cyrus-imapd on a computer with a fresh
installation of FreeBSD 4.5.  I installed cyrus-imapd along with the
operating system.

During the configuration process I am stuck on the point where I have to su
into the cyrus account to run the mkimap tool.  At this point I get an error
message that reads, "This user account is not available."

As you can tell, I don't have a lot of experience modifying user accounts.
Could anybody tell me how to enable this user account?  Also, I am a little
worried that by changing the account, I will lower the level of security of
the cyrus-imapd configuration.  Is this concern reasonable?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

federico

cyrus user account and cyrus-imapd configuration problem.

Post by NOS.. » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 11:50:48

You need to assign a shell to cyrus.  man chsh, then you're set.

> Hi, I am trying to configure cyrus-imapd on a computer with a fresh
> installation of FreeBSD 4.5.  I installed cyrus-imapd along with the
> operating system.

> During the configuration process I am stuck on the point where I have to su
> into the cyrus account to run the mkimap tool.  At this point I get an error
> message that reads, "This user account is not available."

> As you can tell, I don't have a lot of experience modifying user accounts.
> Could anybody tell me how to enable this user account?  Also, I am a little
> worried that by changing the account, I will lower the level of security of
> the cyrus-imapd configuration.  Is this concern reasonable?

> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

> federico

1. opinion needed for Cyrus-IMAPd. Thx.

How's the Cryus-Imapd stacks up? Security and in general?

Any better choice for a small server?

Thx.

Alex Lam.

Please cc by email if possible. My news server sucks.

--
  "Think for yourself. Question authory." saids Timothy Leary.
  "Think for yourself. Question everybody." -Alex Lam. 2000.

2. One computer as multiple X clients.

3. CYRUS-IMAPD

4. creating queue

5. Cyrus IMAPd can't create folders in root of users mailbox

6. collection of background images for X?

7. qmail / cyrus: cyrus deliver (lmtp) doesn't work ... need help!

8. Shameless commercial announcement on COLA

9. How to setup cyrus imapd

10. cyrus imapd v1.5.2

11. cyrus imapd

12. CYRUS IMAPD

13. PAM authentication of Cyrus Imapd suers