DPT SmartRAID VI & FBSD 4.x

Post by Jeremy L. Ramir » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

  Having reviewed the latest Release Notes for FBSD 4.0RC, I see that
DPT SmartRAID III/IV controllers are supported though not the V.  I am
looking into getting the new SmartRAID VI controller and the pdf from
DPT states that it is supported for FreeBSD.

  Does anyone have any experience with these controllers or can
someone confirm/deny whether or not the SmartRAID VI controller will
work under 4.x?

  Any comments are greatly appreciated.

    -Jeremy

1. DPT SmartRAID VI on BIG server

I put together a linux box at work here, it has the DPT smartRaid VI.. It
also has 2G of RAM on it..  The install was great, simple kernel patch,
compile and install..  The RAID works great IF I tell linux that there is
only 900M RAM..  I'm not sure exactly how high I can go, but at 960M, the
RAID initialization fails and /dev/sdc is not there..

Any ideas on why this happens and how to get back over a gig of RAM?

doug

2. Gnu m4 Macro for enum lookalike?

3. DPT SmartRAID & eata_dma

4. Has anyone gotten OpenBSD installed onto a Flash Memory card?

5. EATA driver with DPT SmartRAID V

6. networking

7. DPT SmartRAID + Micropolis performance problems

8. full hostname in last

9. Any experiences with DPT "Decade" PM1554U2 SmartRAID

10. DPT SmartRaid and Everest

11. Adaptec 2100S DPT I2O SmartRAID and 2.2/2.4

12. DPT SmartRAID V/LVD/Linux Woes

13. DPT PM3224 SmartRaid and 1.2.13