gated Query

Post by Rikk Salam » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I'm hoping someone out there can point me at a useful source of information.

I have a FreeBSD 2.1.6 which I'm trying to set up as a gateway to the internet
via on-demand PPP for a small LAN of other BSDs and Windows boxes.  The gated
documentation is baffling to me, since I don't know a great deal about low
level networking.  However, I can usually muddle through if there's a few good
examples of config files to learn from.

If anyone out there could let me know where I can find such example
routed.conf files, or can show me one that does this seemingly simple thing, I
would be eternally grateful.

1. Forget Gates (was Gates & Hitler)

We are more familiar with Gates and his actions than with historical
figures, so the analogy is probably not that useful.  Also, an analogy
should be able to express what we think will happen or what we should do.

I suggest considering this concept:

Those who worry over Gates are behind the times.  Just look around; there's
handwriting on the wall (and on the ceiling, floor, furniture, fridge,
windows).  It says: "Bill, resistance is futile; you will be assimilated".

Perhaps we could compare Gates to Scrooge.  The ghost that he is seeing
should startle him.  If he does not change the way that Scrooge changed,
then he'll be a bug spot on the windshield.

--
Neil.

// for email reply replace rosemet with rosenet //

2. Interface name to device

3. OSPF problems, gated+gated+Cisco

4. Easy way to setup Menus & Simple Databases in BASH ??

5. Gated: Need help with gated.conf

6. Help!Printing problem.

7. gated daemon -- gated

8. Netscape-communicator wants libresolv.so.2!

9. "refused query on non-query socket" -named

10. Query Query

11. "refused query on non-query socket" -named

12. Configuring apache for query strings to accept "domain.com/?query" when using index.cgi...