Help mount NTFS under FreeBSD

Post by Alexander Smirno » Wed, 02 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Dear All,

Could anyone, please, give me a hint of how to mount a NTFS partition on
the local drive under FreeBSD.
It is possible to mount it under Linux as a HPFS partition, but under
FreeBSD, I could not find a way to do this either.

Thank You in advance.
Alex.

Help mount NTFS under FreeBSD

Post by Brian Some » Thu, 03 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Dear All,

> Could anyone, please, give me a hint of how to mount a NTFS partition on
> the local drive under FreeBSD.
> It is possible to mount it under Linux as a HPFS partition, but under
> FreeBSD, I could not find a way to do this either.

> Thank You in advance.
> Alex.

I decided to write a HPFS for FreeBSD some time ago, but once I got
started I realized I didn't know anything about the vnode stuff -
or how to begin going about this sort of thing.

I havn't heard of anything to do with HPFS since, so I believe there's
not even anything in the pipeline.

Maybe sometime when I'm less busy.

--

      <http://www.awfulhak.demon.co.uk>