1. Sony CDROM and ATI MACH 64 problems
I installed Solaris 2.4 x86 yesterday and encountered 2 problems.
I would be very grateful to anyone who could suggest a solution or
point me in the right direction.
I have a Sony 760E (4X, ATAPI IDE) CDROM and used the driver update 6
to install solaris 2.4. However after installation, I am unable to access
the CDROM. The volume manager (vold) is running in the background but
I do not find a /cdrom directory. There is no provision in the
/vol directory either. The cdrom is attached as a slave to my primary
IDE controller. Further i killed vold and tried to manually mount the
cdrom. However I wasn't sure about the location of the special file.
I basically used all the files in /dev/dsk/* and /dev/rdsk/*
i.e i tried all the following mounts in both the dsk and rdsk directories:
mount -F hsfs -r /dev/dsk/c0dop[0-4] /mnt
mount -F hsfs -r /dev/dsk/c0d0s[1-15] /mnt
However i got errors saying that it is not a block device or that the hsfs
file system is not supported for that device. Am i using the correct
I have an ATI Pro Turbo PCI (Mach64) video card and used the driver update 6
(video) disk to configure openwin. Everything worked out fine but when in
openwin there seems to be a lot of noise on the screen i.e every
window seems to be overlapped with another. I had the same problem when
I ran Linux using XFree86 (R6) but by disabling "block write" in the
XF86Config file this problem was solved. There seems to be a similar file
in openwin called OWconfig, so is there a way to disable block write or
any other solution (BTW i am running at 1024x768 8bpp).
Again, thanks-a-lot for any help,
2. Unix Clone
3. ATI Mach 64 & X-Win problem!
4. Severe Issues with Compaq Presario
5. ATI MAch 64 vs STB PowerGraph 64
6. Knews & offline Newswriting
7. Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM or ATI Graphics Pro Turbo (Mach 64)?
8. 2-way/hybrid cable modem - simple output req
9. ATI Mach 64 informations, then ATI vs Diamond vs Miro, Zappa vs Alladin.
10. S3 964 Diamond Stealth 64, ATI Mach 64 and Gateway Vivitron 1776 - Help!!!
11. Stealth Video 64 or ATI Mach 64
12. ATI Mach 64 infos requested, ATI vs Diamond vs Miro, Zappa vs Alladin.
13. ATI mach 64? ATI rage 128?