Digiboard Pc/Xe

Post by Reto Burkhalte » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I have now successfully compiled a 3.1 kernel with dgb support:

dgb0: PC/Xe 64/8K (windowed)
dgb0 at 0x110-0x113 maddr 0xd0000 msize 8192 on isa
dgb0: 8 ports

Extract from kernel config file:

device dgb0 at isa? tty port 0x110 iomem 0xd0000 iosiz ? flags 0x0
options "NDGBPORTS=8"

The default siox is commented out...

But when I try to use a port with cu the following happens:

cu: open (/dev/cuaa0): Device not configured
cu: cuaa0: Line in use

I did a MAKEDEV all in /dev, but this didnt help....

crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer   28, 128 Apr 13 21:30 cuaa0
crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer   28, 160 Apr 13 21:30 cuaia0
crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer   28, 192 Apr 13 21:30 cuala0

What may I have not considered yet...

Thanks
Reto

Digiboard Pc/Xe

Post by Marc Si » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>I have now successfully compiled a 3.1 kernel with dgb support:

>But when I try to use a port with cu the following happens:

>cu: open (/dev/cuaa0): Device not configured
>cu: cuaa0: Line in use

I haven't used the dgb driver since 2.2.7, but cuaa0 is definitely the wrong
device (sio0). I only used it for dialin and thus can't recall the appropriate
cua* devices, but they're ttyD[0-7] on the other side - note the capital 'D'.
Look in the MAKEDEV script to be sure (MAKEDEV all may not have gotten them
for you).

--

If you can't play with words, what good are they?

1. DigiBoard PC/Xe, PC/Xi Driver!

Fellow Linuxers,

Regarding the Linux DigiBoard Intelligent Serial Board Driver for the
PC/Xe and PC/Xi line of products (no, this does not include the PC/Xem.
That's a different product line), I have revamped the driver so that
it acts just like the normal serial driver.  I originally wrote the
driver so that the ttyD* devices were modem control devices and the
ttyd* devices were the non-modem control devices.  However, due to
confusion by users and a few other problems posed by inconsistencies
between my driver and the regular serial driver, I decided to change
it.  This should basically make it much easier to use.  Now, the
ttyd1 device will act like ttyS0, and ttyD1 will act like cua0,
except that ttyd1 and ttyD1 will be accessing an intelligent device
with fairly large receive and transmit buffers.  :-)

I have bumped the version number up to 1.4 on the driver (pcxe.c is
the only file that has changed for now, although the README-type stuff
will have to change later).  If any of you already have the DigiBoard
driver and want to slap the pcxe.c file over top of your current one
to test the newest version, let me know, and I'll email it to you.  I'll
be working on testing it this week--with anyone who would like to test
it--and will be fixing any reported bugs.  I have already tested
dialin and dialout, and everything seems to work fine, but I would
be grateful for any volunteers willing to test PPP or SLIP.  :-)
Thanks.

     -Troy

--

2. signal 11 with ssh2

3. CD ROM

4. DigiBoard PC/Xe and PC/Xi Driver!

5. NEC 3FGx: Horizontal OK, Vertical only 2/3

6. Digiboard PC/Xe ??

7. ICMP -- why?

8. DigiBoard PC/Xe Woes on Linux 2.0.21

9. Digiboard PC/Xe and rehat 5.0

10. DigiBoard PC/Xe Drivers V1.4 Pls

11. Telebit T2500 and Digiboard PC/Xe on ODT 2.0

12. Digiboard PC/Xe problems