ISC-DHCP or WIDE-DHCP

Post by Ian Pulsfor » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 11:51:38

Hi,

Anyone have any opinions on which of these is the most stable or useful,
or they much of a muchness?

Ian

ISC-DHCP or WIDE-DHCP

Post by Ian Pulsfor » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:01:41

> Hi,

> Anyone have any opinions on which of these is the most stable or useful,
> or are they much of a muchness?

Also has anyone successfully applied these (old) patches to bootp with
success on FreeBSD 4.4?

ftp://ftp.ntplx.net/pub/networking/bootp/

Ian

ISC-DHCP or WIDE-DHCP

Post by John Nielse » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 16:01:19

> > Hi,

> > Anyone have any opinions on which of these is the most stable or useful,
> > or are they much of a muchness?

Last time this was asked (recently), no one seemed to know much about WIDE.
I use isc-dhcp3 and am very happy with it.

Quote:> Also has anyone successfully applied these (old) patches to bootp with
> success on FreeBSD 4.4?

> ftp://ftp.ntplx.net/pub/networking/bootp/

I haven't.  Why would you want to?

JN

ISC-DHCP or WIDE-DHCP

Post by Ian Pulsfor » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 17:16:36

> > > Hi,

> > > Anyone have any opinions on which of these is the most stable or useful,
> > > or are they much of a muchness?

> Last time this was asked (recently), no one seemed to know much about WIDE.
> I use isc-dhcp3 and am very happy with it.

> > Also has anyone successfully applied these (old) patches to bootp with
> > success on FreeBSD 4.4?

> > ftp://ftp.ntplx.net/pub/networking/bootp/

> I haven't.  Why would you want to?

You could use FreeBSD's builtin bootpd to service DHCP requests.

Ian

ISC-DHCP or WIDE-DHCP

Post by Dan Luke » Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:17:10

> > Anyone have any opinions on which of these is the most stable or useful,
> > or are they much of a muchness?

> Also has anyone successfully applied these (old) patches to bootp with
> success on FreeBSD 4.4?

> ftp://ftp.ntplx.net/pub/networking/bootp/

        I'm using patched bootpd with DHCP functionality (without
auto-assigment capability), but i'm not sure if those patches are same
as the one's avaiable on presented URL.

        I have several very old (older than DHCP protocol) scripts that
generate the DNS, BOOTP(now BOOTP/DHCP) and firewall configuration's
from central list of computers. I don't want use DHCP daemon with
diferent format of configuration file unless there are no other way.

        Patched bootpd need no bpf (isc need it), but it has a few problems on
computers with multiple NICs.

                                                        Dan

--
Dan Lukes      tel: +420 2 21914205, fax: +420 2 21914206
root  of FIONet,  KolejNET,  webmaster  of www.freebsd.cz

1. Modifying dhcp options using omshell (ISC DHCP Implementation)

Hi,

   ISC DHCP v 3.0.4
   How to change the dhcp options using the omshell ?

   For e.g. the dhcp-server-identifier option takes a IP address from
configuration file.
   If need to change the dhcp-server-identifier at runtime using
omshell, what commands are required from the omshell prompt ?

Thanks,
Abhishek

2. Symbolic Links - Absolute Paths to Relative Paths

3. ISC DHCP server and Cisco proxy DHCP client feature...

4. Problem booting from CDROM

5. DHCP Win 2000 client with ISC DHCP server

6. Endian problems again...

7. isc-dhcp

8. installation

9. DCHP-BETA-0 (isc-dhcp)