installed packages on freebsd box

Post by Babak Farrokh » Sun, 19 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Is there any way to find a list of installed packages on a freebsd box?
(instead of using sysinstall). Is there any list?

Thanks,
Babak

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

installed packages on freebsd box

Post by Michael Hancoc » Sun, 19 Nov 2000 04:00:00

type "pkg_info" (without quotes of course).

Mike

Quote:> Hi,

Post by Andy Newm » Sun, 19 Nov 2000 04:00:00

>type "pkg_info" (without quotes of course).

Or, ls /var/db/pkg

installed packages on freebsd box

pkg_info -Ia | more

--

===
Unix is like a wigwam -- no Gates, no Windows, and an Apache inside.

1. Is there another way than packages to get a program installed on an OpenBSD box ?

hello all,

I currently have a version of ssh on my OpenBSD box that came with the
default OpenBSD 2.8 installation. Suppose I want to upgrade this
version cause they're is a newer one out.

I understand there are packages which are precompiled and they
installed through pak-add etc. But I have been on the packages folder
of an OpenBSD fpt site but there was no mention of ssh. And I need a
newer version than the one installed (cause my Linux box has a newer
version and this seems to create problems)

 Is there another way than packages to get a program installed on an
OpenBSD box ? Can I take programs from Linux and compile them on
OpenBSD ?

Thanks in advance,

2. Video card for Sun Monitors?

3. Installing a Debian package into a Slackware box

4. Help: multi-volume ufsdump

5. installing debian packages on FreeBSD 4.7

6. FreeBSD 3.2 installation hangs up

7. Cant install packages (FreeBSD 3.0)

8. problems setting effective UID

9. FreeBSD 3.0 and Installed Packages

10. upgrading a FreeBSD base install package

11. Installing FreeBSD + Packages from a FAT Partition

12. Can I install FreeBSD package on NetBSD?

13. Mysql install on FreeBSd 4.4 box