EXEC Format error

Post by RThomas » Sat, 26 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I have a program which was linked on a SCO unix environment.   I TARed it
from SCO unix to BSD.  When I try to execute it now on BSD I get:

"exec format error.   Wrong Architecture."

Am I doing something wrong ?? how do I get around this ??

 I cannot re-link it because it is a vendor package.....  ;-)

EXEC Format error

Post by Steven G. Karg » Sat, 26 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> I have a program which was linked on a SCO unix environment.   I TARed it
> from SCO unix to BSD.  When I try to execute it now on BSD I get:

> "exec format error.   Wrong Architecture."

> Am I doing something wrong ?? how do I get around this ??

>  I cannot re-link it because it is a vendor package.....  ;-)

Which version of FreeBSD are you using?  Under FreeBSD-current (or a
2.2 SNAP), you need to look in /etc/sysconfig for

# Set to YES if you want ibcs2 (SCO) emulation loaded at startup
ibcs2=NO

This is not turned on by default. So, change the variable and reboot
your system.  You might need to rebuild your kernel.

man 8 ibcs2

--
Steve

http://troutmask.apl.washington.edu/~kargl/sgk.html