Current wisdom on rack-mounted enclosures?

Current wisdom on rack-mounted enclosures?

Post by John Ioannid » Thu, 18 May 2000 04:00:00

What's the current wisdom on good-quality rack-mounted enclosures for
ATX motherboards?  The place I had gotten my last batch a couple of
years ago is no longer in business.  My main requirements are:

* high-quality power supply
* lots of ventilation
* at least three external bays for disk drives

Any hints?

Thanks

/ji

--
 /\  ASCII ribbon  |  John Ioannidis * Secure Systems Research Department
 \/    campaign    |  AT&T Labs - Research * Florham Park, NJ 07932

Current wisdom on rack-mounted enclosures?

Post by Clifford A. Collin » Thu, 18 May 2000 04:00:00

look at:

    http://www.tesys.com/

and:

    http://www.siliconrax-sliger.com/

Both have proven to be good equipment.

Clifford Collins
Manager, Network Security Services
OARnet

Current wisdom on rack-mounted enclosures?

Post by tex » Thu, 18 May 2000 04:00:00

http://www.rackmount.com

Just ordered one to test, it looks cool on their site and read some
good stuff about them on deja.com

These models look a bit better then the usual gray ones ya see most
everywhere (http://www.rackmount.com/Rackmt/RM-02-09.htm). Its a nightmare
getting good rackcases in holland.

5U: http://www.rackmount.com/Rackmt/RM-03-02.htm
6U: http://www.rackmount.com/Rackmt/RM-06-90.htm